|Season 2, Episode 12|
|Air date||16 May 2014|
|Written by||Scott Nimerfro,Chris Brancato, Bryan Fuller|
|Directed by||Michael Rymer|
|Ko No Mono||Mizumono|
Hannibal is kidnapped by Masoon Verger; Will and Jack bring in a witness to Hannibal's psychology.
Will sits in Hannibal's office for another therapy session. Hannibal asks Will to imagine what he would like most. Will envisions cutting Hannibal's throat and feeding him to Mason's pigs. In another therapy session, Hannibal listens as Mason talks about himself. Mason is rude and annoys Hannibal when he takes a knife and stabs Hannibal's chair.
In the FBI headquarters, Jack is frustrated that they don't have any concrete evidence against Hannibal. With nothing against Hannibal, they bring in Bedelia du Maurier, Hannibal's psychiatrist. They grant Bedelia immunity from all crimes in exchange for information on Hannibal. Bedelia tells them that she had killed a patient. She then warns Jack that Hannibal may be setting a trap for them instead of the other way around.
Hannibal is sitting peacefully at his office. Then he is attacked by Carlo and his henchmen. Hannibal wakes up at Mason's barn. Mason threatens to kill Hannibal by feeding him to his pigs. Mason hands Will a knife to spill Hannibal's blood so the pigs will be coaxed into eating Hannibal. Will instead frees Hannibal. A henchmen strikes Will with a hammer and knocks him out. When Will wakes up he finds the henchmen dead and Hannibal gone. Meanwhile, Hannibal takes Mason to his office and drugs him. Having Mason under his control, Hannibal tells Mason to show him how his father used his knife.
When Will returns home, he finds Mason cutting away his face and feeding it to Will's dogs. Hannibal arrives as well and they debate what to do with Mason. Eventually, Hannibal snaps Mason's neck and paralyzes him from the neck down. When Mason is questioned later, he has no memory of what happened to his face and believes that his pigs ate his face. Elsewhere, Will suggests that Hannibal should reveal himself to Jack in order so that no one will believe that he killed Freddie Lounds.
- Hugh Dancy as Will Graham
- Mads Mikkelsen as Dr. Hannibal Lecter
- Laurence Fishburne as Jack Crawford
- Michael Pitt as Mason Verger
- Katharine Isabelle as Margot Verger
- Gillian Anderson as Dr. Bedelia Du Maurier
- Daniel Kash as Carlo Deogracias
- Bas Reitman as Tommaso
- Wayne Wells as Matteo
- Tome-wan is a miso based or vegetable served with rice.
- While filming the episode, Fuller had to place Michael Pitt in the shadows during the scene where his character had to cut his face and feed it to the dogs. Fuller was advised by executive producer Joanna Jameson that he could only do that scene if he had it silhouetted. ironically, that scene was untouched while a another scene where Will slices Hannibal's neck had to be edited. Fuller said that the full scene had blood spluttering from Mads Mikkelsen's neck and had lingered for too long.
- Mason Verger: "What game of chicken are you and the sperm donor playing?"
- Will Graham: "The report said he swallowed his own tongue."
- Bedelia Du Maurier: "It wasn’t attached the the time."
- Will Graham: "I'm not deceiving you, Dr. Lector. I'm pointing out the snare around your neck. What you do about it is entirely up to you."
- Bedelia Du Maurier: "Some psychiatrist are so hungry for insight that they may manufacture it. How deadly that can be for the patient that believes them."
- Will Graham: "Mason Verger is a pig. And he deserves to be somebody's bacon."
- Bedelia Du Maurier: "What Hannibal does is not coercion, it’s persuasion."
- Hannibal Lector: "Mason is discourteous and discourtesy is unspeakably ugly to me."
- Will Graham: "Are you thinking about eating him?"
- Hannibal Lector: "Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude."
- Will Graham: "Free range rude."
- Mason Verger: "I’ve muzzled the dog. Now it’s time for you to put him down."
- Hannibal Lector: "We’re maintaining our position on the event horizon of chaos."
- Mason Verger: "I'm hungry."
- Hannibal Lector: "Eat your nose, then."
- Mason Verger: "I've benefited greatly from Dr. Lector's therapy. I'm still benefiting from it."
- Hannibal Lector: "Achilles wished all greeks would die so that he and Patroclus could conquer Troy alone. It took divine intervention to bring them down."