Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Season 2, Episode 13|
|Air date||23 May 2014|
|Written by||Steve Lightfoot, Bryan Fuller|
|Directed by||David Slade|
Jack confronts Hannibal for his crimes.
After a day of plotting with Jack, Will returns home to find the illusion of Garrett Jacob Hobbs. The illusion tells Will to shoot at the black stag in the forest. Will takes aim and fires. At Bella Crawford's bedside, she is visited by Hannibal. Bella, who is suffering from her cancer, asks Hannibal to save Jack after she passes on.
Over in an FBI safe house, Freddie tells Will about how she will gain respect in her field after publishing their story. Will gives Freddie permission to publish any details, but on the condition that she exclude Abigail in her story. Will leaves Freddie to see Hannibal. The two begin to burn Hannibal's notes on all his patients so they would leave no records behind. As they take on this task, Hannibal catches the scent of Freddie's perfume. as they sit for diner, Hannibal tests Will's loyalty by asking if they need to reveal himself to Will and instead offers to leave with just a note behind. Will, who is trying to trap Hannibal, tells him that he must face Jack.
FBI agent Kade Prurnell discovers Will and Jack's plan to capture Hannibal in the act. She tells them that they will never convince a court to capture Hannibal because they are goading Hannibal into killing. She order Jack to leave his badge and gun. After Jack leaves she calls a warrant on Will and Jack for the murder of Randall. Alana warns Will about the pending arrest. Will, in turn, grabs his gun and warns Hannibal.
Jack meets Hannibal in the kitchen for their confrontation. After a brief greeting, the two fight to the death. After a prolonged struggle, Hannibal lands a fatal stab to Jack's neck with a shard of glass. Jack scurries away behind a pantry as Hannibal pounds the door to finish him off. Then Alana appears with her gun. Hannibal gives her a chance to leave and forget what she saw. Alana takes her chances and attempts to shoot Hannibal only to find out that Hannibal had taken her bullets. She then runs upstairs to get away from Hannibal. Suddenly, she finds Abigail, who pushes Alana out the window. Will arrives as Alana lies dying on the ground. Upon hearing that Jack is in trouble, he is forced to go inside to save him.
When inside the building, Will finds Abigail and Hannibal together. Hannibal stabs Will with a knife. Hannibal laments that Will had betrayed him since he had a deep connection with Will. In retaliation for his betrayal, he cuts Abigail's neck and leaves the area. He finds Bedelia and the two head off onto a plane.
- Hugh Dancy as Will Graham
- Mads Mikkelsen as Dr. Hannibal Lecter
- Caroline Dhavernas as Dr. Alana Bloom
- Laurence Fishburne as Jack Crawford
- Cynthia Nixon as Kade Prurnell
- Gina Torres as Bella Crawford
- Lara Jean Chorostecki as Freddie Lounds
- Kacey Rohl as Abigail Hobbs
- Vladimir Jon Cubrt as Garret Jacob Hobbs
- Gillian Anderson as Dr. Bedelia Du Maurier
- Jessica Malka as French Stewardess
- After the credits, there is a scene where Hannibal is on a plane with Bedelia Du Maurier.
- Bryan Fuller had planned for Abigail to be flying away with Hannibal at the end after Jack's confrontation.
- Mizumono is a Japanese word for "just desserts."
- Fuller had originally planned for Abigail Hobbs to be the person Jack finds in the well. If Anderson's schedule did not have space for the series, Fuller said that he would have used Abigail in her place as a witness against Hannibal.
- Before it was known that the series was going to be renewed for a third season, there were some concerns that Hannibal was going to be cut from the NBC lineup. In an interview with IGN after the series finale had premiered, Fuller revealed that he had two options if the series had been canceled. He hinted that if Hannibal was canceled, he would have moved the series to a cable network.
- In an interview with Collider.com, Bryan Fuller said that he had created the finale to be open ended so that fans can interpret what would happen if the series did not get picked up for another season.
- Bella Crawford: "Forgiveness is such a profound, conscious, and unconscious state of affairs. You can’t actually choose to do it. It simply happens to you."
- Jack Crawford: "Hannibal thinks you're his man, and I think you're mine."
- Hannibal Lector: "I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
- Hannibal Lector: "Love and death are the great hinges in which all human sympathies turn."
- Hannibal Lector: "When the fox hears the rabbit scream he comes running – but not to help."
- Hannibal Lector: "Hello?"
- Will Graham: "They know."
- Hannibal Lector: "He’ll try to kill you in the kitchen, out of convenience. Easier to prepare the tar-tar."
- Hannibal Lector: "Fate and circumstance have returned us to this moment, when the teacup shatters. I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me? "
- Will Graham: "You were supposed to leave."
- Hannibal Lector: "We couldn’t leave without you. Time did reverse. The teacup that I shattered did come together. A place was made for Abigail in your world. You understand? A place was made for all of us, together. I wanted to surprise you. And you wanted to surprise me.I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn’t want it."
- Hannibal Lector: "I gave you a rare gift, and you didn't want it. You would deny me my life. "
- Will Graham: "Not your life."
- Hannibal Lector: "My freedom then, you would take that from me. Confine me to a prison cell. Did you believe you could change me the way I've changed you?"
- Will Graham: "I already did."