Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Season 2, Episode 4|
|Air date||21 Mar. 2014|
|Written by||Bryan Fuller|
|Directed by||David Semel|
Beverly investigates Will's claims against Hannibal Lector. Dr. Frederick Chilton convinces Will to give permission to run tests on him. His tests reveal a hidden memory in Will's mind.
Beverly takes the case of James Grey to Will and asks him to take a look. Will agrees to look at the photos on the condition that Beverly look into his case against Hannibal. Later, Will another deal Dr. Chilton. In exchange for taking part in Chilton's tests, Chilton has to agree to take Will in as his exclusive patient. Chilton's tests help Will remember that Hannibal had injected a chemical into his body to induce his seizures. He also remembers a conversation that Hannibal has with Dr. Abel Gideon where Hannibal admits that he is the Chesapeake Killer.
The FBI discover a body infested with a beehive in the woods. Then they find another victim in the park. Taking the man inside, they find that there is a pattern between the two victims. Jimmy Price, a member of the forensics team discovers that an acupuncture practitioner is killing people using bee venom. Jack Crawford and the FBI storm into the acupuncture killer's and arrested. Questioning her, they learn that she wanted to relieve their suffering by removing their sight and pain.
In Hannibal Lector's office, Bella comes in to talk about her cancer and the prospect of dying. After listening to her, Hannibal tells her that death can be a cure. Later, Bella, overdosed on morphine, comes into Hannibal's office. She tells him that she is committing suicide so her husband does not have to watch her die. Hannibal watches as she falls unconscious. Then he revives her and takes her to the hospital. When Bella awakens in the hospital, she is furious that Hannibal stopped her suicide.
In the corner's office, Beverly asks Hannibal Lector for his opinion on the case of James Grey. She mentions that Will had asked her to investigate Hannibal. Subtly, Hannibal tells her that she should look deeper to find the answer. Later, Beverly remembers Hannibal's advice. Examining Grey's body she finds out that Grey's liver had been eaten. Suspcious, she sneaks into Hannibal's home and finds a hidden cellar in the kitchen. There, she finds a shocking discovery. Before she could collect herself, Hannibal appears behind her.
- Hugh Dancy as Will Graham
- Mads Mikkelsen as Dr. Hannibal Lecter
- Scott Thompson as Jimmy Price
- Aaron Abrams as Brian Zeller
- Raúl Esparza as Dr. Frederick Chilton
- Laurence Fishburne as Jack Crawford
- Patrick Garrow as Killer
- Eddie Izzard as Dr. Abel Gideon
- Peyton Kennedy as Little Girl
- Hettienne Park as Beverly Katz
- Amanda Plummer as Katherine Pims
- Kacey Rohl as Abigail Hobbs
- Scott Thomas as Jimmy Price
- Gina Torres as Bella Crawford
- Steven John Whistance-Smith as Lloyd Roat
- Takiawase is a meal of firm vegetables mixed with tofu and soy sauce.
- Katherine Pims, the featured killer in this episode, is a reference to the pen name of a character named Charlotte 'Chuck' Charles in the comedy series Pushing Daisies. When creating this episode, Bryan Fuller remembered that he had created a bee themed episode in Pushing Daisies and wanted to create one in Hannibal, but with a the dark twist of the series.
- "You are not the only psychiatrist accused of making his patient kill."
- ―Dr. Frederick Chilton[src]
- Beverly Katz: "If Hannibal is the ripper, what is he doing with his trophies?"
- Will Graham: "He's eating them."
- ―Will and Beverly talking about Dr. Hannibal Lector[src]