Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Season 2, Episode 7|
|Air date||11 Apr. 2014|
|Written by||Steve Lightfoot, Bryan Fuller|
|Directed by||Michael Rymer|
The FBI attempt to probe Miriam's memory for the identity of the Chesapeake Ripper.
Hannibal is brought in for questioning. As Hannibal speaks, Miriam Lass listens to him through a one way mirror to see if she can recognize his voice as the killer who kidnapped her. She concludes that she does not know Hannibal's voice. Meanwhile, Will is released from the Chilton's institution after hair from the Chesapeake Ripper's victims were discovered on the guard's body that Hannibal had killed. As Will is released, Chilton offers his help to dig up Miriam's memories so he could save himself from Hannibal's wrath.
Jack picks up Will at the hospital to take him to the scene where he found Miriam. There, they find Beverly Katz's blood and the flowers found in the dead councilmen's body. Will analyzes the room and concludes that the ripper wanted Jack to find Miriam alive. Later that night, Will break into Hannibal's home and threatens to kill him. He ultimately stops short of shooting him and leaves.
In the abandoned property, the FBI find evidence that could point to either Hannibal or Chilton. Jack orders both the men be brought in for questioning. Meanwhile Chilton, returns home to find the dead, mutilated body of Abel Gideon. Hannibal tells Chilton that the police are coming and knocks him out. When Chilton awakens, he is covered in Gideon's blood and is holding a gun. He quickly flees to Will Graham's home where he begs for advice. Instead of helping him, Will calls Jack, who apprehends Chilton. As Miriam watches Chilton talk, she becomes agitated and shoots Chilton, killing him immediately.
Later, Will Graham enters Hannibal's office with a fresh haircut and no gun. He quietly asks to resume Hannibal's therapy.
- Hugh Dancy as Will Graham
- Mads Mikkelsen as Dr. Hannibal Lecter
- Caroline Dhavernas as Dr. Alana Bloom
- Laurence Fishburne as Jack Crawford
- Scott Thompson as Jimmy Price
- Aaron Abrams as Brian Zeller
- Raúl Esparza as Dr. Frederick Chilton
- Anna Chlumsky as Miriam Lass
- Eddie Izzard as Dr. Abel Gideon
- Due to budget constraints, the showrunners were not able to show everything in the mythology. One of the scenes they weren't able to produce were the steam tunnels that Hannibal uses to leave his house without anyone seeing him. In this episode, Fuller states that he had imagined that Hannibal used these tunnels to go to Chilton's house and leave without anyone noticing.
- Yakimono is a grilled Japanese dish that involves a variety of ingredients from fish, meat and vegetables.
- Frederick Chilton: "The basis for your sentencing at this institution is null and void. The Chesapeake Ripper has set you free. Mazel tov."
- Frederick Chilton: "Why did Hannibal not just kill you?"
- Will Graham: "Because he wants to be my friend."
- Jack Crawford: "I thought she was dead. I thought you were crazy. And I gave up on trying to find the both of you."
- Will Graham: "You didn't have to find me, Jack. You just had to listen to me."
- Alana Bloom: "Applesauce. She's mine. She likes applesauce. I rescued her."
- Will Graham: "Picking up some of my bad habits."
- Alana Bloom: "Picking up your good habits."
- Alana Bloom: "Is he safe?"
- Will Graham: "For me or for you?"
- Alana Bloom: "Not like you to hide an achievement."
- Frederick Chilton: "The achievement is not mine."
- Will Graham: "You kept my standing appointment open?"
- Hannibal Lector: "And you're right on time."