Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Season 2, Episode 9|
|Air date||25 Apr. 2014|
|Written by||Jeff Vlaming|
|Directed by||Michael Rymer|
|Hannibal (2013) episodes|
When people begin getting mauled by an animal with the jaw of a wolf and bear, Jack and Will find themselves looking for a man killing people with an ancient fossil.
Will continues to have dreaming about killing Hannibal. Even so, he still accepts Hannibal's invitation to have dinner at his home has therapy when he is not working with the FBI. During a therapy session with Hannibal, Will admits that he regrets not killing Ingram. To this, Hannibal tells Will to imagine killing Ingram, an idea that brings pleasure to Will. Once the session is over, Will bumps into Margot on his way out. After a brief exchange of words, Margot walks into Hannibal's office fo r therapy. Margot begins to suspect that Hannibal may be dangerous from the way he suggested that she kill her brother.
The murder of a truck driver by animals is reported to the FBI. The FBI team discover that the body has been torn apart but not eaten. They conclude that it is the work of a psychopathic killer. Will takes shots of the bodies and takes them to Peter Bernardone in the prison hospital. Peter looks at the photos and concludes that the bite marks come from bears and wolves. Then a couple are killed and the FBI are called in. Using his imagination, Will prostrates that killer is not using animals but skulls to kill his victims. He explains that the killer is trying to become an animal. he then suspects that the killer may have been taken into the system as a mentally ill person.
Hannibal reveals that he had similar patient years ago when the patient was a young boy. Before the FBI can act, he visits Randall Tier, a man working at the Natural History Museum. After accomplishments in murder, Hannibal whispers instructions into his ear. Meanwhile, Will gets a visits from Margot. She asks Will what he thinks of Hannibal after revealing that she attempted to kill her brother. She then mentions that Hannibal encourages her to kill her brother again. The next day, Will confronts Hannibal and tells him he met with Randall and Hannibal's therapist.
At night, Hannibal waits outside Will's house with Randall in his fossil suit. One of Will's dogs runs outside. The dog and bitten by Randall's mechanical fossil suit. Will comes out and retrieves his dog. When he enters his home, he is attacked by Randall. Will shoots Randall with his shotgun and brings the body to Hannibal's office. Will tells Hannibal that they are even since both of them tried to kill each other. Hannibal nods in acknowledgement of what he did.
- Hugh Dancy as Will Graham
- Mads Mikkelsen as Dr. Hannibal Lecter
- Scott Thompson as Jimmy Price
- Katharine Isabelle as Margot Verger
- Chris Diamantopoulos as Clark Ingram
- Jeremy Davies as Peter Bernardone
- Laurence Fishburne as Jack Crawford
- Brendee Green as Female Beachgoer
- Mark O'Brien as Randall Tier
- Michael James Regan as Katrina's Boyfriend
- The name "Tier" means "the beast" in German. Combined with the name Randall, it represents his bestial nature. This fact was pointed out by showrunner Bryan Fuller on his twitter while the episode was airing.
- While Randall's suit can be seen in its entirety within the episode, the episode does not feature many clear shots of Randall moving while wearing the suit. This was shot in this way on purpose because the series did not have the budget for something more complicated and because Randall did not look threatening while running in the suit.
- The episode title "Shiizakana" refers to a substantial dish.
- The scene where Will Graham is squeezing Hannibal to death with rope tied to a deer is a reference to a scene in Hannibal Rising where Hannibal squeezes one of his victims to death in the same manner with a horse.
- Will Graham: "I want an admission. I want you to admit what you are. "
- Hannibal Lector: "Must I admit that I am a monster while you refuse to see the one gorwing inside you?"
- Hannibal Lector: "Why not appeal to my better nature?"
- William Graham: "I wasn’t aware that you had one."
- Will Graham: "I promised you a reckoning. Here it is. "
- Jack Crawford: "I used to be afraid of losing my memories. What I wouldn’t give to forget some of them now."
- Hannibal Lector: "Memory gives moments immortality, but forgetfulness promotes a healthy mind. It's good to forget."
- William Graham: "I’m the guy who didn’t kill all those people."
- Peter Bernardorne: "Man is the only animal who kills to kill."
- Will Graham: "He knows how to build. He built his beast. He is a student of predators. "
- Hannibal Lector: "No beast is more savage than man when possessed with power answerable to his own rage."
- Will Graham: "What do you think about when you think about killing? "
- Hannibal Lector: "I think about God. "
- Will Graham: "Good and evil? "
- Hannibal Lector: "Good and evil has nothing to do with God."
- Will Graham: "That's it. This makes us even. I send someone to kill you. You send someone to kill me. Even Steven."