Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|30 Days Without An Accident|
|Season 4, Episode 1|
|Series||The Walking Dead|
|Air date||13 Oct 2013|
|Written by||Scott M. Gimple|
|Directed by||Greg Nicotero|
|Welcome to the Tombs||Infected|
|The Walking Dead episodes|
While Rick runs into Clara in the forest, Daryl, Glenn, Tyreese, and Michonne visit the supermarket to get supplied. After a mishap caused by Bob, the group loses Zach in the process. Meanwhile, Patrick succumbs to the flu and dies, reanimating into a Walker.
Rick checks the traps in the woods for food. He encounters a woman named Clara and accompanies her to her camp. When he reaches her camp, she attempts to murder him so she can feed her undead husband. When she fails to kill Rick, she uses her knife to take her own life. Daryl, Glenn, Tyreese and Michonne go on a run to the the supermarket with a survivor named Bob and Beth's boyfriend Zach. At the supermarket, Bob accidentally breaks a wine shelf and causes the roof to collapse, spilling a group of walkers into the store. The group escapes, but Zach is killed during the attack. At the prison, a boy named Patrick begins displaying signs that he is turning into a walker. At the end of the episode, he dies while taking a shower and changes into a walker.
- Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes
- Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon
- Steven Yeun as Glenn Rhee
- Lauren Cohan as Maggie Greene
- Chandler Riggs as Carl Grimes
- Danai Gurira as Michonne
- Melissa McBride as Carol Peletier
- Scott Wilson as Hershel Greene
- Emily Kinney as Beth Greene
- Chad L. Coleman as Tyreese
- Sonequa Martin-Green as Sasha
- Lawrence Gilliard Jr. as Bob Stookey
- Melissa Ponzio as Karen
- Kerry Condon as Clara
- Kyle Gallner as Zach
- Vincent Martella as Patrick
- Sunkrish Bala as Dr. Caleb Subramanian
- Brighton Sharbino as Lizzie Samuels
- Kyla Kenedy as Mika Samuels
- Brandon Carroll as David
- Luke Donaldson as Luke
- Victor McCay as Ryan Samuels
- Lukas Bennett as Walker (uncredited)
- Frederick Carpenter as Fence Walker (uncredited)
- Kennedy Brice as Molly (uncredited)
- Ellie Decker as Walker (uncredited)
- Jaime Griffon as Walker (uncredited)
- Lauren Henneberg as Walker (uncredited)
- Taylor McPherson as Prison Newcomer (uncredited)
- John Jaret as Walker (uncredited)
- Demetrice Nguyen as Walker (uncredited)
- Griffin O'Connor as Field Walker (uncredited)
- Jerrad Vunovich as Walker (uncredited)
- Eric Word as Walker (uncredited)
- First appearance of Lizzie Samuels.
- First Appearance of Mika Samuels.
- First appearance of Bob Stookey .
- First appearance of Clara.
- First appearance of Caleb Subramanian.
- First and last appearance of Zach.
- First and last appearance of Eryn
- First and last appearance of Violet.
- First and last appearance of Eddie.
- First and last appearance of Ryan Samuels.
- First appearance of the flu.
- Despite being a series regular, David Morrissey, who plays The Governor, does not appear in the credits.
- While gardening, Rick listens to a song called "Precious Memories" by The Stanley Brothers.
- The title of the episode refers to the 30 days where none of the characters had died. In the episode, Beth Greene removed the 3 in "30 days without an accident" to indicate that Zach had died.
- Daryl Dixon: "Smells good."
- Carol Peletier: "Just so you know, I liked you first.."
- Daryl Dixon: "Stop. You know, Rick brought in a lot of them, too."
- Carol Peletier: "Not recently. Give the stranger sanctuary, keep people fed, you're gonna have to learn to live with the love."
- Beth Greene: "[Seeing Daryl's concerned look] What? I don't cry anymore, Daryl. I'm just glad to got to know him, you know."
- Daryl Dixon: "Me too."
- Beth Greene: "Are you okay?"
- Daryl Dixon: "I'm just tired of losing people. That's all. [Beth hugs him]"
- Patrick: "Uh, Mr. Dixon? I just want to say thank you for bringing that deer back yesterday. It was a real treat, sir. And I'd be honored to shake your hand. [Daryl licks his fingers then shakes Patrick's hand]"
- Carl Grimes: "You didn't wake me up."
- Rick Grimes: "I knew you were up all night reading comics with a flashlight."
- Clara: "What...were...the...questions?...The...three...questions."
- Rick Grimes: "How many walkers have you killed?"
- Clara: "Eighteen. Eighteen. I killed them all. Until..."
- Rick Grimes: "How many people have you killed?"
- Clara: "Just me...just me."
- Rick Grimes: "Why?"
- Clara: "You don't...you don't get to come back. You don't get to come back...from the...thing..you've done."
- Zach: "Okay. You going to say goodbye?"
- Beth Greene: "Nope."
- Daryl Dixon: "It's a damn romance novel."