Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|8 Simple Rules|
|Aliases||8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter|
|Principal Cast||John Ritter, Katey Sagal, Kaley Cuoco, Amy Davidson, Martin Spanjers, Billy Aaron Brown, James Garner, David Spade|
|No. of Seasons||3|
|No. of Episodes||76|
|Start Date||September 17, 2002|
|End Date||April 15, 2005|
It's not easy raising a family. Much less so when your teenage daughter is dating. For Paul Hennessy's offspring, you'd better remember these simple rules:
1. Use your hands on my daughter and you'll lose them after.
2. You make her cry, I make you cry.
3. Safe sex is a myth. Anything you try will be hazardous to your health.
4. Bring her home late, there's no next date.
5. If you pull into my driveway and honk, you better be dropping off a package because you're sure not picking anything up (Alternative rule #5: Only delivery men honk. Dates ring the doorbell. Once.)
6. No complaining while you're waiting for her. If you're bored, change my oil.
7. If your pants hang off your hips, I'll gladly secure them with my staple gun.
8. Dates must be in crowded public places. You want romance? Read a book.
An American TV sitcom which was previously known as 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter, the title was subsequently shortened to 8 Simple Rules. It is known for being the last TV series that starred the late John Ritter who abruptly died early during the second season of the series.
The sitcom underwent a brief hiatus and a major shakeup which incorporated the unexpected death of its primary character, John Ritter/Paul Hennessy. Instead of it's previous comedic focus. the series changed to a more dramatic tone as the Hennessey family sought to adapt to the sudden loss of Paul. However the series suffered a major slump in ratings leading it to be cancelled shortly afterwards.
The series was originally adapted from a self-improvement book "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter: And other tips from a beleaguered father (not that any of them work)" by humor columnist W. Bruce Cameron.
- Paul Hennessy
- Cate S. Hennessy
- Bridget "Beach" Hennessy
- Kerry Hennessy
- Rory Hennessy
- Jim Egan
- C.J. Barnes