Blinded during the Vietnam War, Nick Parker was saved by local villagers who taught him how to use his remaining senses to "see" and becomes a master swordsman. Returning to the United States after many years; he decides to look up an old veteran buddy, Frank Devereaux.
His only known address for Frank however is out of date. His former wife Lynn and son, Billy still live at the house but after the divorce, Frank has since moved out of state. But Frank is in deep trouble and deeply in debt to a Reno crime boss MacCready who wants to use Frank's chemistry expertise to create designer drugs. As leverage, MacCready sends a couple of thugs to kidnap Frank's ex-wife and son. But the thugs botch things and end up accidentally killing Lynn who are in turn slain by Nick.
Left with an orphaned Billy, Nick decides to bring him to his father and help his old friend out of the jam he's in. Pursued by MacCready's numerous thugs, Nick is in way over his head. It's a good thing he can't see what he's up against...
- Rutger Hauer as Nick Parker
- Terry O'Quinn as Frank Devereaux
- Brandon Call as Billy Devereaux
- Noble Willingham as MacCready
- Lisa Blount as Annie Winchester
- Nick Cassavetes as Lyle Pike
- Rick Overton as Tector Pike
- Randall 'Tex' Cobb as Slag
- Charles Cooper as Cobb
- Meg Foster as Lynn Devereaux
- Sho Kosugi as The Assassin