Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Escape from New York|
1997. New York City is now a maximum security prison. Breaking out is impossible. Breaking in is insane.
|Directed By||John Carpenter|
|Written By||John Carpenter, Nick Castle|
|Cast||Kurt Russell, Lee Van Cleef, Isaac Hayes, Ernest Borgnine|
|Produced By||Larry J. Franco, Debra Hill|
|Film Editing By||Todd Ramsay|
|Cinematography By||Dean Cundey, Jim Lucas|
|Music By||John Carpenter, Alan Howarth|
AVCO Embassy Pictures, Goldcrest Films
United States, United Kingdom
July 10, 1981
AVCO Embassy Pictures, Barber International
The Year is 1997. The crime rate in the United States has risen to 400 %. Manhattan island has been transformed into a walled maximum security prison. All the bridges and rivers leading out of the prison have been rigged with mines. When Air Force one while arriving to a summit meeting is taken over by terrorists, the president is forced to make and escape but is taken hostage by the inmates. A former war hero turned convict is offered freedom if he can rescue the president by 24 hours.
- Kurt Russell as Snake Plissken
- Lee Van Cleef as Bob Hauk
- Ernest Borgnine as Cabbie
- Donald Pleasence as President of the United States
- Isaac Hayes as The Duke of New York City
- Harry Dean Stanton as Harold "Brain" Hellman
- Adrienne Barbeau as Maggie
- Tom Atkins as Rehme
- Charles Cyphers as The Secretary of State
- Frank Doubleday as Romero
- John Strobel as Cronenberg
- Season Hubley as The Girl in the Chock Full o' Nuts
- Ox Baker as Slag
- Debra Hill as Computer (voice)