|Age||63 in The Force Awakens|
|Film||Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope|
Pirate. Smuggler. Scoundrel. Hero.
Han Solo was a smuggler employed by Jabba the Hutt with his personal starship, the Millennium Falcon with his Wookie partner and co-pilot, Chewbacca. He would later become one of the Rebel Alliance's most trusted heroes and is close friends with Luke Skywalker and Lando Calrissian. He is romantically involved and later married to Princess Leia Organa.
Personality and Traits
- Han Solo was originally to be a large, green-skinned alien with gills and no nose in Lucas' original drafts.
- James Caan, Jack Nicholson, Robert De Niro and Burt Reynolds were all offered the role of Han Solo and all turned it down. Harrison Ford was being used to read script lines for screen testing other actors in the film when he was noticed by Steven Spielberg who convinced George Lucas to give the role of Han Solo to him.
- "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." ―Han Solo about lightsaber training to Luke Skywalker; Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
- "Look, I ain't in this for your revolution, and I'm not in it for you, princess. I expect to be well paid. I'm in it for the money.” ―Han Solo to Princess Leia Organa; Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
- "Never tell me the odds!" ―Han Solo to C-3PO; Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- "You have your moments. Not many of them, but you do have them." ―Princess Leia Organa about Han Solo; Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- "I have a really bad feeling about this." ―Han Solo as the Ewoks begin preparations to roast him alive; Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi