Detective John Kimble is the toughest and meanest narcotics cop in Los Angeles who is willing to do anything to get his man. And for years, he's been after drug kingpin Cullen Crisp before the psycopathic drug lord finally makes a mistake: murdering a young man who had information about Crisp's ex-wife, Rachel who fled her abusive husband along with Crisp's son in front of a witness.
But with a shaky witness on the stand, Kimble needs to prop up her statement to put Crisp away for good. For that, Kimble needs Rachel's testimony. But he doesn't know what she looks like nor what name she's hiding under. All he has is the city and that her son's approximate age; a kindergarten grade student. So Kimble is sent in to find the mother while his partner, Phoebe O'Hara will go undercover as the kindergarten teacher. But things hit a snag when O'Hara falls ill and Kimble is forced to substitute! This will be his toughest assignment yet!
But things get even worse when his witness is murdered and Crisp is released from jail and is hunting for his wife and son.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger as Detective John Kimble
- Penelope Ann Miller as Joyce Palmieri
- Pamela Reed as Detective Phoebe O'Hara
- Linda Hunt as Miss Schlowski
- Richard Tyson as Cullen Crisp, Sr.
- Carroll Baker as Eleanor Crisp
- Christian Cousins as Dominic Palmieri
- Joseph Cousins as Dominic Palmieri
- Cathy Moriarty as Jillian
- Ben Diskin as Sylvester
- Miko Hughes as Joseph
- Sarah Rose Karr as Emma
- Richard Portnow as Captain Salazar
- Tom Kurlander as Danny
- Alix Koromzay as Cindy
- Bob Nelson as Henry Shoop
- Tom Dugan as Crisp's Lawyer
- Emily Eby as Julie
- Odette Yustman as Rosa
- Angela Bassett as Flight Attendant