Fletcher Reede is a natural liar par excellence. He couldn't tell the truth to save his own life; which is rather fortunate since he's a high priced, hugely successful, smooth talking attorney who has built his entire career around lying. He spends his days constantly lying to juries, judges, attorneys, cops, clients, and most of all ... his own family, in particularly his son, Max.
But after the fast talking liar breaks one promise too many and his son's heart, Max makes a heartfelt birthday wish that for one single day: his father can only tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
And suddenly Fletcher Reede finds that his greatest asset ... is now his greatest liability as he is simply incapable of lying. With his professional world crumbling around him, Reede finds himself challenged with trying to win the biggest case of his career while he is incapable of deceit or evasion. But his greatest challenge lies ahead of him in trying to fix things with his ex-wife before she moves to another city along with Max.
- Jim Carrey as Fletcher Reede
- Maura Tierney as Audrey Reede
- Justin Cooper as Max Reede
- Jennifer Tilly as Samantha Cole
- Amanda Donohoe as Miranda
- Jason Bernard as Judge Marshall Stevens
- Cary Elwes as Jerry
- Swoosie Kurtz as Dana Appleton
- Anne Haney as Greta
- Eric Pierpoint as Richard Cole
- Christopher Mayer as Kenneth Falk
- Mitchell Ryan as Mr. Allan
- Randall "Tex" Cobb as Skull
- Cheri Oteri as Jane
- Marianne Muellerleile as Mrs. Berry
- Krista Allen as Woman in Elevator
- Randy Oglesby as Detective Bryson
- Christine Avila as Lupe
- Hope Allen as Playground Teacher
- Carrie Armstrong as Stenographer