|TV Show||Star Wars: Clone Wars|
|Film||Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace|
|Credit||Samuel L. Jackson|
Mace Windu was a Jedi Master and a member of the High Council in the Star Wars prequels. He was considered the greatest Lightsaber duelist in the Jedi Order during the Clone Wars.
Mace Windu is a minor supporting character in Star Wars Universe. He is portrayed by Samuel L. Jackson in the prequel films and also as his voice actor for the 2008 Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated movie. Windu has also been portrayed in various Star Wars animated TV series by Terrence C. Carson and Adrian Holmes.
Personality and Traits
Mace Windu was one of the most powerful and respected Jedi during his lifetime. He was extremely suspicious and had an intense and remote personality. Windu was slow to trust but was extraordinarily faithful to those he did.
He was harsh and often sarcastic to others but he was deferential to those whom he respected such as Grand Master Yoda. Windu was also extremely prideful in his own abilities as both a powerful Force sensitive and an accomplished lightsaber duelist. He also had a lack of tolerance for those individuals whom he felt were undeserving of their arrogance such as Anakin Skywalker who he admitted was a powerful Jedi, but thought far too highly of himself and lacked control and focus.
Windu was a true zealot and fanatic in the democratic Galactic Republic. He was staunchly avowed to the principles of duty and service as part of his role as a peacekeeper of the Republic. He truly believed that the Jedi served the ordinary citizens and people, not the Senate. Windu believed that the Jedi fought and enforced justice for civilization itself because it is only the civilized nation and people that can create peace; and the highest form of civilization was democracy and an unjust civilization would ultimately crumble.
His zealotry came from defending and upholding the institution of the Republic itself and was willing to do anything and everything for it, even if it meant sacrificing his very life or compromising the Jedi moral code. He was considered to be the most militant of the Jedi High Council.
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008)
- The Hidden Enemy
- Supply Lines
- Water War
- Gungan Attack
- Among the actors who was to audition for the role of Mace Windu was Tupac Shakur. Shakur however was killed shortly before his audition in a drive-by shooting.
- While originally Mace Windu was intended to have a regular blue-hued lightsaber like typical Jedi Knights; Samuel L. Jackson made a personal request that his character have a purple colored one to George Lucas. Aside from the fact that purple is his favorite color; Jackson professed that he really wanted to be able to spot himself in the big action sequences by having a distinctive lightsaber color.
- "Be mindful of your feelings." ―Mace Windu warns Anakin Skywalker; Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- "This party's over." ―Mace Windu; Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- "I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi. The Dark Side of the Force surrounds the Chancellor." ―Mace Windu; Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith