Jack Walsh is a former police officer turned bounty hunter who is on a midnight run and after the biggest prize of all time: Jonathan "The Duke" Mardukas.
The Duke is a former Mob accountant until he discovered just who his clients were and what they were up to. He promptly embezzled $15 million dollars which he proceeded to donate it to charity and skipping bail. Walsh has to bring Duke in before his bail is defaulted in five days.
But Walsh soon finds that he isn't the only one after Duke. His own boss has sent another (and cheaper) bounty hunter Marvin Dorfler so he can get out of paying Walsh his fair share of the bail money. Then there's also the FBI who wants Duke to testify against his former bosses. And the mob who just want Duke dead and isn't afraid of a little collateral casualties.
With these ever increasing obstacles and running out of time, Walsh has to get Duke to Chicago alive. But it won't be easy because the frustrated Walsh is starting to think that killing the irritating Duke himself would almost worth it.
- Robert De Niro as Jack Walsh
- Charles Grodin as Jonathan "The Duke" Mardukas
- Yaphet Kotto as Alonzo Mosely
- John Ashton as Marvin Dorfler
- Dennis Farina as Jimmy Serrano
- Joe Pantoliano as Eddie Moscone
- Richard Foronjy as Tony
- Robert Miranda as Joey
- Jack Kehoe as Jerry Geisler
- Wendy Phillips as Gail
- Danielle DuClos as Denise Walsh
- Philip Baker Hall as Sidney
- Tom McCleister as Bill "Red" Wood