Moonraker is the eleventh James Bond film in the series franchise and was directed by Lewis Gilbert. It was based on the Ian Fleming novel of the same name but was heavily adapted as the novel involved Hugo Drax building a rocket known as the "Moonraker" as part of missile-based defense system for Britain.
This was the fourth film starring Roger Moore in the titular role and also saw the return of Richard Kiel in the role as audience favorite "Jaws" from the previous film, The Spy Who Loved Me.
- Roger Moore as James Bond
- Lois Chiles as Holly Goodhead
- Michael Lonsdale as Hugo Drax
- Toshiro Suga as Chang
- Richard Kiel as Jaws
- Corinne Clery as Corinne Dufour
- Bernard Lee as M
- Geoffrey Keen as Frederick Gray
- Desmond Llewelyn as Q
- Lois Maxwell as Miss Moneypenny
- Emily Bolton as Manuela
- Michael Marshall as Colonel Scott
- Walter Gotell as General Gogol
- Blanche Ravalec as Dolly
- Although there was plans for the 11th James Bond film to focus on the Ian Fleming novel "For Your Eyes Only", the stunning success of George Lucas' 1977 feature film Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope resulted in the producers abruptly switching to a more space flavored film and adapted "Moonraker" to fulfill it. For Your Eyes Only instead became the 12th film in the series franchise.
++Add a video of an official trailer here. Make sure it is displayed on the left hand side of the page.++