Quantum of Solace is the 22nd James Bond film in the series franchise and was directed by Marc Forester. Unlike the vast majority of the previous 007 films which tend to be stand alone films; this feature film was a direct sequel to the previous film Casino Royale.
It was also the second film starring Daniel Craig in the titular role. Although it was named after one of Ian Fleming's short 007 stories, Quantum of Solace does not contain any elements from it nor any of Fleming's novels and is an entirely original plot.
- Daniel Craig as James Bond
- Olga Kurylenko as Camille Montes
- Mathieu Amalric as Dominic Greene
- Gemma Arterton as Strawberry Fields
- Giancarlo Giannini as Rene Mathis
- Jeffrey Wright as Felix Leiter
- Judi Dench as M
- Anatole Taubman as Elvis
- David Harbour as Gregg Beam
- Joaquin Cosio as General Medrano
- Fernando Guillen Cuervo as Carlos
- Jesper Christensen as Mr. White
- Rory Kinnear as Bill Tanner
- Paul Ritter as Guy Haines
- Neil Jackson as Edmund Slate
- Simon Kassianides as Yusef
- Stana Katic as Corrine Veneau
- Glenn Foster as Craig Mitchell
- Lucrezia Lante Della Rovere as Gemma
- Although Quantum of Solace had a rough draft, the 2007-2008 Writer's Strike left it unfinished when filming was about to commence. This forced Director Marc Forester and actor Daniel Craig to sit down and essentially write out several sections of the script. Although not intended to be a sequel, there were some dangling plot threads that both felt needed to be resolved from Casino Royale. Daniel Craig found the whole situation with the unfinished script to be so frustrating as it required revising during filming that he subsequently vowed to never do any project without having a finished script again.
- This film was actually untitled for most of the production with Daniel Craig and Marc Forester choosing "Quantum of Solace" at the last minute, more or less at random from Ian Fleming's 007 stories as the most "intriguing".
++Add a video of an official trailer here. Make sure it is displayed on the left hand side of the page.++