|Aliases||William Pratt, William the Bloody, Hostile 17, The Doctor|
|TV Show||Buffy The Vampire Slayer|
It is rumored that he earned his nickname from his habit of using railroad spikes to torture his victims and he is known for killing two Vampire Slayers, a feat that no other vampire can boast of.
He was an enemy of Buffy the Vampire Slayer but events conspired to force him into temporary alliances with her and the Scoobies. He subsequently fell in love with Buffy and converted to the side of good.
Personality and Traits
- "You're that Anointed guy. I read about you. You've got Slayer problems. That's a bad piece of luck. Do you know what I find works real good with Slayers? Killing them." ―Spike to the Anointed One; Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "School Hard"
- "Yeah, I did a couple Slayers in my time. I don't like to brag... Who am I kidding? I love to brag!" ―Spike discussing his past killing of several Vampire Slayers; Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "School Hard"
- "You think you can fool me?! You were my sire, man! You were my... Yoda!" ―Spike to Angel; Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "School Hard"
- "The last Slayer I killed―she begged for her life. You don't strike me as the begging kind." ―Spike to Buffy Summers; Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "School Hard"
- We like to talk big. Vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough guy talk. Strutting around with your friends over a pint of blood. The truth is, I like this world. You've got... dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people, billions of people walking around like Happy Meals with legs. It's all right here. But then someone comes along with a vision, with a real... passion for destruction. Angel could pull it off. Goodbye, Piccadilly. Farewell, Leicester bloody Square. You know what I'm saying?
- I'll give you a choice. Now I'm going to kill you―no choice in that. But I can let you stay dead... or bring you back, to be like me.
- The thing about the Slayer is she is a whiny little thing, but when it comes to fighting she does have a slight tendency to win.
- Buffy, Buffy, Buffy! Everywhere I turn she's there! That nasty little face, that bouncing shampoo-commercial hair, that whole sodding holier-than-thou attitude.