Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The World Is Not Enough is the nineteenth James Bond film in the series franchise and was directed by Michael Apted and the third film with Pierce Brosnon in the titular role. The film featured a completely original storyline and was not based on any of Ian Fleming's works.
She's beautiful, wealthy, and the sole heiress to the late Sir Robert King; a billionaire oil tycoon and in deadly danger. Her name is Elektra King and she's already survived being the kidnap victim by the insane international terrorist known as Renard.
During her dramatic rescue, Renard was shot in the head by a MI-6 agent. He should have died but he somehow survived. Even though the bullet remains trapped in his skull and is slowly killing him ... it also has damaged the area of the brain which controls the senses and has transformed the already deadly terrorist into an inhuman killing machine. How can you defeat a man who does not fear death because he is already dying? How can you beat a man who no longer feels pain? All that Renard has left is obsession. With revenge. And Elektra.
Only one man stands in his way, the debonair MI-6 secret agent, James Bond! But is this femme fatale truly in danger or is she simply part of this deadly game?
For whatever the beautiful, wealthy, and powerful Elektra King wants ... Elektra King gets. And for this woman, the world is not enough for even her appetites.
- Pierce Brosnan as James Bond
- Denise Richards as Christmas Jones
- Robert Carlyle as Renard
- Sophie Marceau as Elektra King
- Robbie Coltrane as Valentin Zukovsky
- Judi Dench as M
- Colin Salmon as Charles Robinson
- Desmond Llewelyn as Q
- John Cleese as R
- Samantha Bond as Miss Moneypenny
- Serena Scott Thomas as Dr. Molly Warmflash
- John Seru as Gabor
- Ulrich Thomsen as Sasha Davidov
- Goldie as Bullion
- Maria Grazia Cucinotta as Giulietta da Vinci
- David Calder as Sir Robert King
- This was the final film of Desmond Llewelyn who portrayed "Q". He holds the record of being the most prolific actor in the James Bond film franchise, appearing in 17 films and with 5 different James Bonds and had been considered one of the most beloved fixtures of the series. Although his scene in the film hinted that this would be his final performance for the franchise, Llewelyn confirmed that he was eager to reprise his role in the next James Bond film and had no plans to retire as Q anytime soon. Shortly after The World Is Not Enough was released in theaters, tragically Llewelyn suffered fatal injuries in a car crash.
- The phrase, "The World Is Not Enough" is actually the English translation of 'Orbis non sufficit' which was the real-life family motto of Sir Thomas Bond who built Bond Street, the famous shopping district in Westminster. Ian Fleming established that James Bond is not only his literal descendant but also continues to proudly bears the family motto to this day.
++Add a video of an official trailer here. Make sure it is displayed on the left hand side of the page.++