|Aliases||Alexander Lavelle Harris|
|TV Show||Buffy The Vampire Slayer|
Xander Harris is best friends with Willow Rosenberg and Buffy Summers. He has known Willow since childhood and grew up in Sunnydale unaware of its true supernatural origins. He is a founding member of the "Scooby Gang" and the sole one without any special abilities but is often the humorous, sarcastic, and snarky glue that holds them together.
Xander Harris first appeared on March 10, 1997 on the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer premiere episode, "Welcome to the Hellmouth". He was portrayed by Nicholas Brendon who would go on to reprise his role throughout the series run.
Personality and Traits
- Xander was named after the 'zander', a type of freshwater fish which happens to look like another freshwater fish known as a 'pike'. Oliver Pike happened to be Buffy's sidekick in the 1992 feature film thus Xander was inspired by him and is indirectly named after him as well.
- Xander Harris appeared in all but 1 episode, "Conversations with Dead People" of Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series. He was originally intended to appear in the episode but his scene was ultimately written out for lack of space. Xander also has never made an appearance in the spin-off series Angel.
- "For I am Xander, King of Cretins. May all lesser cretins bow down before me." ―Xander Harris; Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Witch"
- "I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." ―Xander Harris; Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Witch"
- "Maybe not, but I'll tell you this: people don't fall in love with what's right in front of them. People want the dream. What they can't have. The more unattainable, the more attractive." ―Xander Harris to Buffy Summers about love; Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Some Assembly Required"
- "Let me tell you something. When it's dark and I'm all alone, and I'm scared or freaked out or whatever, I always think 'What would Buffy do?' You're my hero. OK, sometimes when it's dark and I'm all alone, I think 'What is Buffy wearing?'" ―Xander Harris to Buffy Summers; Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "The Freshman"
- So with Buffy and Riley having... you know, acts of nakedness 'round the clock lately maybe they set something free, like a big, bursting poltergasm.